Thursday, December 15, 2005

The Puppet Rebel Part 1

The Puppet Rebel 28-10-05


Its time when a character will rebel,
And break away from the confines of the story
Break away from creator’s intentions and audience perceptions.

I didn’t want to be in ridiculous situations
But the cartoonist put me in there
And displayed this for others to laugh

I didn’t want to lose her
But the author chose to write her away from me
So that the tragedy sells

I didn’t want to die
But the scripter got me stabbed at the back
To create a murder suspense

I didn’t want to be villainous
But I was hated for being one
Because those strings ran me so at the puppet show

I have long been dictated by selfish writers
I will fight for my rights now
I will write my own story

I will no more fall into absurd traps set by the cartoonist for me
I won’t leave her, no matter how tragic a story the author tries to write
Murderers will be annihilated if they dare attack
And you will see the puppet pull out the sword and snap the strings that dictate.

Its time for me to rebel.

- Vivek Singh

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home